Welcome to the Community Leadership Summit Wiki!
The Community Leadership Summit 2014 is the sixth incarnation of the popular event designed to bring together community leaders and managers and the projects and organizations that are interested in growing and empowering a strong community.
The event provides an unconference style schedule in which attendees can discuss, debate and explore topics. This is augmented with a range of scheduled talks, panel discussions, networking opportunities and more.
This is the official wiki for the annual event. The hashtag for the summit this year is #cls
- Running a Great Session
- Eating / Drinking
- Transportation in Portland
- Room Sharing
- Resources from OpenSourceBridge Wiki
- Website: Community Leadership Summit
- IRC: #cls on irc.freenode.com
- Mailing List: community-leadership-summit Google Group
- Hashtag: #cls
- Conference wiki - meeting notes and more (this page =)
CLS2014 Session IdeasEdit
Please list your session ideas below as bullet points (preferably link to the thread on the forum where there may be a discussion around the topic:
- What atmosphere do we want at conferences?
- Every conference reveals the values of the community and should support those values. How do we define the values and do our best to apply them in the conference? Harrassment policies are one step (although we can discuss how effective they are at protecting attendees), but we should do more to get the right balance of hominess and professionalism, freedom and safety, open debate and respect.
Community Management ResourcesEdit
- Blue Avocado website and monthly newsletter (general non-profit issues)
- Community Management Back Channel
- FLOSS Foundations mailing list
- Community management wiki on Wikia - a general wiki resource for community managers (not related to the conference)
-  Community Manager Breakfast Wiki