Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
 Day 1 Session Grid
Session A (11:00 - 12:00) Edit
- "Managing" Huge Communities
- Kickstarter for Communities - Kevin Shockey
- Giving Back - Jared Smith
- The Style Gap and Mentoring Effectiveness
- Internationalization and global issues - Javier Gómez
- Online Community Engagement / Clique Busting : turning community subgroups into productive contributers
- Funding Open Source projects
- Getting started: Tips and tricks for setting up an online community (facilitator: Kristina Hoeppner)
- Why are you so Awesome ? - Sam Eder
- Github vs. Self hosted - Opening your code and building a user community around it (facilitator: Zohar Babin) Audio recording located at http://sessiongrid.com/cls12/files/
Session C (02:00 - 03:00) Edit
- Gating Communities - Louis Suarez-Potts
- Community Development for All Sectors
- Metrics - Jeff Potts
- Anonymity vs Lead Generation, where do you draw the line?
- Governance Styles - Randy Fay
- Thicker Than Blood!! How Relationships Bring Us Closer To Our Customers
- Recognizing Community
- Free (or cheap) tools for managing communities (other than Facebook) - @rlux : http://piratepad.net/avQL2HmM5n
- Recognizing Community Contributors - Benjamin K????
- What should OSI do next? (facilitator: Simon Phipps)
- Taking Care of Community Members
- Commmunity Leadership Development (facilitator: Sharon Reed-Corbett)
· We should tap into ‘tribal wisdom’ in the community who have ethnic wisdom and generational knowledge and spiritual knowledge. Look for wisdom councils in the area which often creates a model for community engagement.
· Review our decision making models concerning new initiatives to make sure they are inclusive to the entire community.
· Set the expectations – benefit city versus people or people versus city
· Visual arts – let arts speak for themselves and don’t try to quantify or validate
· Bridge gaps between groups
· Breathe new life into old events to involve other people groups
Session D (03:00 - 04:00) Edit
- Education sourcing & community - Louis Suarez-Potts
- Lawyers & community - Tom Callaway
- Determining the Value of a Non-paying User - Richard Esplin
- Taming the Alpha Dog: Having better meetings - Dave Neary (Notes coming)
- Health Community: Engaging communities to improve public health - uncle Nate
- How do you define a healthy community? - Jacky Hayward
- Gamification in Communities (facilitator: Rich Sands)
- Community Living: Live/Work Environments - Suzanne Carmody
- Tactics for saying Yes - Paul Vorvick
- Our Goals About Goals: Finding a balance between progress & volunteer time - Paul Orwig
Session E (04:30 - 05:30) Edit
- Cultivating Great Speakers - Kevin Turner
- Getting Documentation Contribution - Andy Oram
- When a Community Becomes a Reco..ing Pipeline - Meghan McGill
- Community for Broken People - Fred Trotter
- CLS 2013 Everywhere! - Van Riper
- Rewarding the Community - Adam Lasnik
- Mirror, Mirror in the Twitterverse, where the hell am I, what's happening, and what do I do about it? Here's some background, here are some reflections.
- Assholes Discussion - @dberkholz
- Community, how we do it in India - @koolhead17
Session E (05:30 - 06:30) Edit
- First day closing & feedback